Project Management Boards
The day-to-day management of the EMIF project is done via various management boards, each of which have their own specific responsibilities.
Project & Topic Leaders
The overall project coordination is ensured by:
- Bart Vannieuwenhuyse, Janssen Pharmaceutica as overall Project Coordinator
- Sir Simon Lovestone, University of Oxford as overall Project Co-Coordinator
Each individual Topic is managed by a tandem of Topic Leaders:
- Johan Van der Lei, Erasmus Medical Center as academic EMIF-Platform leader
- Nigel Hughes, Janssen Pharmaceutica as EFPIA EMIF-Platform leader
- Pieter Jelle Visser, VU University Medical Center as academic EMIF-AD leader
- Johannes Streffer, Janssen Pharmaceutica as EFPIA EMIF-AD leader
- Ulf Smith, University of Gothenburg as academic EMIF-Metabolic leader
- Dawn Waterworth, GlaxoSmithKline as EFPIA EMIF-Metabolic Leader
Other management boards
At the overall project level, the Operations Team, Programme Board and General Assembly are responsible for dealing with the day-to-day operations, cross-Topical collaboration and defining the strategic focus for EMIF.
At the individual Topic level, Topic-specific governances have been defined to ensure efficient management of the Topics.
Project management office
Dedicated project management support for both the project as a whole and the individual Topics is provided through partners Janssen Pharmaceutica, Synapse Research Management Partners, Concentris GmbH and GlaxoSmithKline.